2004 Crowther 50' (15.24 m) Alwoplast
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Catalyst is a Crowther designed custom power catamaran built by Alwoplast, a proven, smart combination. She offers unparalleled cruising flexibility with a 3,000 nm range, a shallow draft, & a relatively narrow beam that allows her to fit into more slips. Ideal for Bahamas, Keys, or Great Loop.
- Catamaran / Cruisers
- Composite Hull
- HIN/IMO: ALW033330204
4Yacht, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Murray Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 50' (15.24 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Draft Max: 4' 8''
Single Berths: 1
Double Berths: 2
Maximum Speed: 25 Knots
Cruise Speed: 10 Knots
Range NMI: 3000
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Composite
Hull Shape: Catamaran
Air Conditioning: Yes
Bridge Clearance: 19'
Fuel Tank: 1300 Gallons (4921.03 Liters)
Fresh Water: 170 Gallons (643.52 Liters)
Holding Tank: 150 Gallons (567.81 Liters)
Displacement: 50000 lbs
Photos click to view all
50' Alwoplast Overview
50' Alwoplast Overview
Catalyst is a well-maintained, Crowther designed custom power catamaran built by Alwoplast in 2004. She offers a 2 stateroom, 2 head layout (with the master stateroom on the pilothouse deck), CAT main engines, watermaker and a recent bottom job. Catalyst offers incredible flexibility in her range, beam, and draft. A lightweight hull with optimally designed hydrodynamics, she brings a 3,000 nm range at trawler speed or a 17 knot faster cruise. Seller reports a 4gph fuel burn at 8kts and 22gph fuel burn at 17kts. Another part of that unique design is her relatively narrow beam - this allows her to fit into some monohull slips, minimizing a lot of the due headaches surrounding finding a slip compared to typical catamarans. Her shallow draft makes her ideal for the Bahamas, Keys or Great Loop cruising. This bluewater or coastal cruising flexibility make her a great all-around cruising option.
Crowther power cat design experience + Alwoplast build quality is a proven combination for a smart, efficient, and dynamic power catamaran.
50' Alwoplast Vessel Walkthrough
Entering the interior through the sliding glass doors from the covered aftdeck, you will find a dinette with pull out stools starboard aft, pull-out liquor/wine cabinet to starboard, stairs to the guest stateroom starboard forward, stairs to the pilothouse forward, a laundry room port forward and the galley port aft. Once in the pilothouse, the stairs to the flybridge are starboard aft, lower helm starboard forward, master stateroom entrance forward and salon with two stressless chairs and ottomans port and entertainment center to port. There are side deck access doors on each side. Once inside the master stateroom forward, the shower is to starboard, the head is port forward and there is an office port aft. The spacious engine rooms have access via two deck hatches in the aftdeck.
50' Alwoplast Accommodations
This Alwoplast 50 offers a master stateroom forward on the main deck with a centerline king size berth and ensuite head and shower and then a guest stateroom with a queen size berth and ensuite head and shower.
50' Alwoplast Salon
The salon offers two stressless lounge chairs and ottomans, entertainment center forward, port side deck access door, Brazilian hardwood sole, Majilite Ostrich wall covering and an open wall to the galley aft. Light filtering mesh snaps onto windows at front main helm and at stern.
50' Alwoplast Galley
- The galley is located port aft on the main deck.
- Norcold 12/24vdc/120vac refrigerator/freezer
- Origo stainless steel microwave oven
- Force 10 stainless steel 4-burner gas cooktop and oven
- Broan trash compactor
- Miele G832 SC dishwasher
- In-Sink-Erator instant hot water dispenser
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Granicoat countertop
- U-Line refrigerator/ice maker on the flybridge
- Force 10 stainless steel BBQ grill on the flybridge
- Nucore Mahogany Sole
50' Alwoplast Dining
Dining space is available at the built-in dinette with pull out stools across from the galley, at the aftdeck benchseat and folding table and at the removable tables on the flybridge.
50' Alwoplast Master Stateroom
The master stateroom is located forward of the salon and pilothouse and offers a centerline king size berth, reading lights, nightstands, 4 overhead hatches, side windows, hanging lockers, walk-in closet, storage drawers, shelf, carpet, enclosed shower and vanity to starboard, head to port and a large office port aft.
50' Alwoplast Guest Stateroom
The guest stateroom is located to starboard and offers a queen size berth, reading lights, shelf, hanging locker, storage cabinet, 2 portlights, Majilite Ostrich wall covering and separated head and shower.
50' Alwoplast Laundry
The laundry room is port forward of the galley and offers a 110V vented Splendide 2100 combo washer/dryer, built-in ironing board and storage space.
50' Alwoplast Pilothouse
The pilothouse offers a lower helm starboard forward, starboard side deck access door, stairs to the flybridge starboard aft, Todd helm seat and an L-shaped benchseat that converts to a watch berth.
50' Alwoplast Flybridge
The enclosed flybridge is accessed via internal stairs from the pilothouse or a vertical stainless steel ladder aft from the covered aftdeck. There is a full helm forward, Todd helm seat, built-in L-shaped benchseat with storage and removable tables to starboard, a wetbar with stainless steel sink, U-Line refrigerator/icemaker, storage and Force 10 stainless steel BBQ grill to port, Plasteak deck and canvas enclosure aft to the boat deck. 2 hatches on the flybridge roof provide additional airflow. Canvas available to enclose flybridge.
50' Alwoplast Aftdeck
The covered aftdeck offers a built-in benchseat and 2 folding, removable tables, wetbar with stainless steel sink and top loading cold plate refrigerator/freezer, rod holders, stainless steel ladder to the flybridge, Canvas and Eisenglass enclosure on the sides and aft, sliding doors to the interior and access to each swimplatform and side deck.
50' Alwoplast Audio/Visual Equipment
- KVH C3 satellite TV system
- Samsung flat screen TV in the salon
- Magnavox MDV2100 DVD player in the salon
- DirecTV satellite TV receiver in the salon
- Samsung TV in the master stateroom
- Panasonic TV/DVD player in the guest stateroom
- Sony CDX-L4908 AM/FM/CD player in the pilothouse
- Sony interior speakers
50' Alwoplast Electronics
- Standard Horizon Spectrum + VHF at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Raymarine ST6001+ autopilot controls at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Raymarine ST60 wind, speed and depth gauges at the lower helm
- Garmin Second Depth Sensor
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata gauge on the flybridge
- Raymarine RL80C Pathfinder Radar at the lower helm
- Raytheon RC530 Plus Radar and chart plotter on the flybridge
- Weems & Plath clock, barometer and tide gauge in the salon
- SkyEye satellite weather receiver
50' Alwoplast Electrical System
- Fischer Panda 12 kW generator with 3600 hours
- Xantrex 3000 watt inverter and remote panel
- Blue Sea electrical panel
- 50 amp shore cord
- 30 amp shore cord
- 50 and 30 amp connections
50' Alwoplast Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Each engine room is accessed via aftdeck hatches and are insulated with Soundown vinyl foam.
- Twin Caterpillar 3126B 450 hp main engines with 2350 hours
- ZF gearboxes
- Dual Racor 500FG fuel filters for each main engine
- There are also oil bypass systems on each main engine that pump lube oil through a fine filter using electric pumps. These systems are run while the main engines are shut down, like at anchor. Each has a timer.
- Racor 500FG fuel filter for the generator
- Oil changes on the generators are done with gravity. There are hoses and valves at the bottom of the oil pans
- Dripless shaft seal
- Spurs line cutters
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system
- Bennett trim tabs
- Mermaid reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (2 units)
- 2 X Raritan 12 gallon water heaters
- Vantage Marine Aqua Systems 20 gph watermaker
- Jabsco electric heads
- 2 X Hart Systems Tank Tender tank level monitors
- 170 Gallon Water Capacity
- 3 fuel tanks, 800gal main tank 2x 250gal wing tanks for a total of 1300gal diesel
- 2 fuel transfer pumps to move fuel from the two 250gal wing tanks into the main tank.
- Stern controls for convenient docking and maneuvering - shift transmission
50' Alwoplast Deck Equipment
- Lewmar anchor windlass with foot controls and remote controls at each helm
- CQR 34lb anchor
- CQR 30lb spare anchor
- 100' 3/8" anchor chain and 100' nylon rode
- Foredeck storage lockers ( 4 large lockers, 2 lighted)
- Foredeck rail seats
- Foreward deck: Non-skid
- Aft Deck: Faux Teak Deck replaced with 5 mil solid fiberglass sheet w Awlgrip Non-skid
- Boarding gates on each side deck
- Marquipt Tide Ride gangway
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel rails
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Window covers
- Fresh water washdown
- Hot/Cold fresh water shower on the swim platform
- Dock water connection
- Hurley under water lights
- White exterior painted 2013, blue section painted 2012
- 2 X Worthington 20lb propane tanks in a dedicated storage cabinet
- Canvas to enclose flybridge available
50’ Alwoplast Air Draft / Bridge Clearance / Max Height
- 20’ to top of Anchor Light - Modifications available
- 19’4” with easy, temporary removal of VHF Antenna + Anchor Light
- 19’1” without radar dome
- No wires would need to be uncoupled, only unscrewing the mounts and setting the units to the side temporarily.
50' Alwoplast Dinghy
- Marquipt 1500lb lift
50' Alwoplast Safety & Fire Protection
- Go light searchlight
- Lifesling Man Overboard Retrieval system
- Plastimo 4-person liferaft
- McMurdo EPIRB
- Whale gulper 220 bilge pumps
- AFI horns
- 7 X Fire extinguishers
- Engine room fire suppression systems
- Trident gas control panel in the galley
50' Alwoplast Exclusions
- Sellers' personal belongings
50' Alwoplast Items Non-Operational / In need of attention
- Majilite Ostrich wall covering in salon sagging in sections
50' Alwoplast Vessel History
- Bahamas / owners
50' Alwoplast Comments
With international acclaim in catamaran building from their decades in production starting in 1987, Alwoplast built superior custom catamarans, both power and sail. Their image depicts their commitment to engineering excellence and quality interior detail.
Catalyst has appeared in several past issues of PassageMaker Magazine and MultiHulls Magazine and appeared in a trawler forum blog: "I think Alwoplast had a 50' or so power cat at the Miami Show once...very impressive. I think Crowther also designed the Barbara Mae, a beefy 50-60' or so power cat that struck me as one of the nicest designs yet. If I had the money to throw at a new Cat build, Alwoplast would be in the running."
50' Alwoplast Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.