2002 Alloy Yachts 104' (31.70 m) Custom Fontaine 102' Sloop
San Diego, California, United States
Refit Year: 2021 PALIADOR
VESSEL OVERVIEW PALIADOR (ex. CHIMERA) Was designed for performance world voyaging in absolute safety, comfort and indeed luxury, with four owner and guest staterooms and separate crew quarters for four. She was built to the highest standards by Alloy Yachts at the peak of the yard’s legendary
Flag of Registry: Cayman Islands
- Aluminum Hull
- HIN/IMO: AY27
$ 2,750,000 USD
€ 2,553,512 Euros
$ 3,712,733 CAD
£ 2,214,844 GBP
4Yacht, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Northrop and Johnson. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Official Number: 735486
LOA: 102' 4'' (31.19 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Refit Year: 2021
Draft Max: 10' 9''
Draft Min: 10' 9''
Single Berths: 8
Double Berths: 1
Queen Berths: 1
Full Beam Master: Yes
Crew Cabins: 2
Captain's Quarters: Yes
Crew Sleeps: 4
Maximum Speed: 12.5 Knots
Cruise Speed: 10.4 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Aluminum
Hull Finish: Algrip
Air Conditioning: Yes
Bridge Clearance: 133' 1''
Bow Thruster: Yes
Stern Thruster: Yes
Fuel Tank: 2696.93 Gallons (10209 Liters)
Fresh Water: 940.45 Gallons (3560 Liters)
Holding Tank: 338.14 Gallons (1280 Liters)
Gross Tonnage: 123
Displacement: 271169 lbs
Ballast Weight: 73365 lbs
Designer: Ted Fontaine
Interior Designer: Alloy Yachts
Builder: Alloy Yachts
Exterior Color: Flag Blue
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: LUGGER
- Engine Model: L6125A
- Power HP: 460.00
- Power KW: 343.02
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 2950.00
- Generator Make: Northern Lights
- Generator Model: MP 4450
- Generator KW: 33.00
- Generator Make: Northern Lights
- Generator Model: MP4450
- Generator KW: 33.00
PALIADOR (ex. CHIMERA) Was designed for performance world voyaging in absolute safety, comfort and indeed luxury, with four owner and guest staterooms and separate crew quarters for four. She was built to the highest standards by Alloy Yachts at the peak of the yard’s legendary craftsmanship capabilities and her original owner enjoyed a dozen years of voyaging to the remote parts of the globe with family and friends, while pursuing his passion for fishing in the farthest reaches. He also maintained the yacht to the highest standards, including a major, all systems refit in 2013.
PALIADOR's second owner was equally aggressive in his extended cruising itinerary, completing 65,000 miles in his Atlantic, Mediterranean and Pacific loops, ending up in San Francisco in early 2020. He too, maintained the vessel in pristine Yacht condition, with full refits in the US East Coast, Palma, Mallorca, then a major all systems refit in Aukland, NZ in 2018 with further detailing in San Diego, 2019.
Prior to her present ownership and name change to PALIADOR, she underwent yet another comprehensive refit in 2020, including a complete rig rebuild with all components disassembled, fully serviced, lubricated and/or repainted. Concurrently, all standing rigging was replaced and her topsides sanded, faired and painted with Awlgrip. Also, all deck and superstructure was repainted with Awlcraft and all exterior teak trim was stripped, sanded and refinished to perfection.
In short, PALIADOR is a magnificent home on the water, well proven for extended ocean voyaging, fast and easy to handle with a small crew, and ‘turn key’ ready for many more ocean miles.
PALIADOR’S Profile and exterior styling are best described as, simply elegant! Her low profile raised pilothouse, relatively low freeboard, sculpted transom and bow overhang, cut an elegant, classic profile that turns heads in every port of call.
Her magnificent form blends to seawise function, beginning with the hydraulic retractable swim platform and boarding steps to the Aft Deck, which are a magnificent convenience for swimming and tender access, stern boarding passarelles, etc.. Immediately forward on the stern deck, there are wide hydraulic hatches opening to large lazarette storage for all deck gear and water toys. Forward on centerline is the Owner’s Stateroom Companionway, offering private access to the deck and swim platform.
Forward and outboard to port and starboard are all sailhandling winches, mostly hydraulic, and conveniently located for best visibility of the sailplan, also well clear of the helm and entertaining cockpits forward. Forward on the side decks, gates in the cockpit coaming port and starboard allow access to the Helm Cockpit, which is raised to allow clear visibility over the Cockpit Bimini and Dodger forward, which afford full protection from sun, wind and spray. The helm pedestal houses all controls for the yacht; steering, bow and stern thrusters, plus all gauges and instrumentation to manage her underway. The pedestal is surrounded by a cushioned settee aft, port and starboard.
Next forward, the Entertaining Cockpit has ‘U’ shaped seating to port, surrounding the expandable varnished teak dining table with folding chairs inboard to accommodate 6-8 for dining. To starboard is an ‘L shaped’ settee outboard plus refrigerator and wet bar, which completes this comfortable on deck entertaining area. Forward on PALIADOR’s marvelously uncluttered teak deck, flush stainless deck hatches, hidden sheet leads, multiple watertight side deck lockers, under deck anchor systems and a huge foc’sle maintain the clean functionality of PALIADOR’s elegant design.
Accommodations / Walkthrough
PALIADOR sleeps eight in four owner and guest cabins aft, plus two ensuite crew cabins forward. The most striking feature of her interior is the huge sense of volume as the Cockpit adjoins the Pilothouse and the Salon down and forward. The craftsmen at Alloy Yachts have proven their mettle with the traditional varnished cherry joinerwork accented by fabric panels, solid varnished maple cabin soles with teak inlays in both salons, aft passageway and heads. Tasteful fabrics and multiple lighting options with dimmers add to the interior ambience. The other striking feature of PALIADOR’s interior is the marvelous ergonomic flow of the layout, with the owners full-width suite aft with private deck access plus three generous guest staterooms aft and comfortable crew quarters with lounge and private deck access forward.
The spacious pilothouse, accessed from the cockpit via a wide companionway, combines the two areas into a very sizable entertaining area which is further enhanced by the open space forward and down several steps to the full beam Main Salon! The sense of open space, with unrestricted 360 degree view to the horizon is simply sublime!
The large dining area is to port with an expandable table and three large removable chairs that add seating capacity inboard. To starboard is a complete navigation and piloting station with multiple screens, communication equipment and other instrumentation to safely operate the vessel. An L-settee is aft to starboard, with two large chart drawers and a wet locker also provided.
Forward and down a few steps from the pilothouse is the main salon, which is open to the forward facing windshields above, creating an open skylight effect. Comfortable lounge seating is to port with a flat screen TV forward that drops down and opens up to the galley for casual serving or breakfast at the counter using two bar stools. To starboard is an additional L-settee aft and fully equipped bar forward with wine cooler, icemaker and sink, along with two leather bar stools. Numerous end tables and lockers provide exceptional customized storage for glasses, dinnerware and other items. A passageway leads aft and down a few steps to the guest accommodations.
Forward of the main saloon is the galley area with a functional U-shaped design and generous countertops, plus storage lockers and the option of opening the bulkhead as a serving area to the lower saloon. Vertical Sub-Zero refrigerator with twin drawers below and twin sub-sole freezer compartments with 18 cu. ft. of storage. There are additional large storage areas below the sole for keeping long-term supplies and provisions. To starboard is the crew mess with comfortable seating for four and access to all ship’s monitoring and entertainment equipment, as well as a laundry area aft. Two large hatches and two opening portholes provide excellent natural light and ventilation, along with a large hatch for access directly to the foredeck.
- Twin stainless steel sinks with Corian countertops and fiddles
- Miele 4 plate induction cooktop and oven with overhead exhaust hood (2021)
- Miele 2-burner electric cooktop (2013)
- Miele microwave/convention oven (2014)
- Miele dishwasher (2013)
- Sub-Zero 700 Series stand-up refrigerator with twin drawers below (2015)
- U-Line small service refrigerator (2013)
- Sub-sole freezer compartments (18 cu.ft. total)
- Aquapro ultraviolet water sterilizer
- DeLonghi Espresso machine (2014)
- Miele washer/dryer (2013)
- U-Line icemaker in bar (2014)
Owners Suite and Head
The elegantly paneled aft passageway leads to all guest staterooms and the owner’s suite which is truly magnificent for a yacht this size. The queen-sized berth is flanked by night stands each side with a large L-settee forward and a spacious vanity with seat to starboard. There is a large double hanging locker on each side of the stateroom and a private companionway leading to the aft deck. There is a large flat screen TV and fully independent entertainment system. The toilet area is quite large, with an oversized shower stall and twin sink vanities on each side.
Guest Staterooms and Head(s)
Port Guest Cabin: The port guest cabin features twin berths with night table and Numerous drawers, lockers and a large hanging locker for extended stays. A private toilet and shower is forward and, typical of all cabins, features a Corian vanity, electric toilet, heated towel bars, mirrors, multiple lighting options and separate stall shower.
Starboard Guest Cabin: The starboard guest cabin is identical to the port cabin, with the exception that a Pullman berth drops down from the overhead when needed. The toilet and shower, shared with second starboard cabin, is larger and can also be accessed from the passageway to facilitate use as a day head.
Starboard Guest Cabin 2: Fully forward to starboard is an additional stateroom with a generous single berth, small desk and hanging locker. This cabin shares the head and shower with the primary starboard stateroom and is ideal for a nanny, additional guest or extra crew.
Captain Quarters and Head
The crew cabin is to starboard with upper and lower berths, multiple storage areas, fans and opening port. A private toilet area is forward and stall shower shared with the Captain’s quarters.
Crew Qyarters and Heads
The crew cabin is to starboard with upper and lower berths, multiple storage areas and TV with entertainment system access. A private toilet area is forward and stall shower shared with the Captain’s quarters.
Sails, Rigging & Deck Gear
Mast and Rigging:
Southern Spars four-spreader carbon fiber rig, total air draft 41.2 m, with Southern Spars carbon fiber furling boom system, Reckman hydraulic furlers for genoa and Navtec hydraulic boomvang, outhaul and twin backstays, all comprehensively serviced/rebuilt November 2021.
- Genoa halyard, spinnaker halyard, staysail halyard, pole topping lift, main halyard, boom topping lift and spare main halyard Running backstays
- Staysail sheets and runner retrieving lines, led underdeck to aft winches
- (2) Sets spreader downlights (new 2021)
- (4) Sets spreader uplights (new 2021)
- (3) Boom downlights (new 2021)
- (1) aft deck light (new 2021)
- Khalenberg air horns (refurbished by Khanlenberg (2021))
Sails: All New Carbon/Spectra, North Sails Aukland (2018)
- Fully-battened furling mainsail (247 m2)
- Furling 135% genoa (261 m2)
- Furling staysail (77 m2)
- (2) Harken #1120 hydraulic self-tailing primary winches
- (2) Harken #1110 hydraulic self-tailing staysail sheet winches
- (1) Harken #1110 hydraulic self-tailing mainsheet winch
- (2) Harken #980 manual self-tailing runner winches
- (1) Harken #980 hydraulic utility winch on foredeck
- (2) Harken #74 hydraulic self-tailing halyard winches
Navigation and Electronics
Comprehensive Navigation Electronics Renewal, 2021 including:
- Brookes & Gatehouse Zeus 3S w/MFD 24" Display @ Nav. Station & remotes at Helm, Galley, Captain, Crew and owner's cabins.
- B&G G 5000 Graphic Display
- B&G Triton 2 Depth/Speed/Wind Pack
- Simrad/B&G forward scan LS transducer
- Airmar XSonic B744V XDCR transducer
- Simrad NEP 2 Network Hub
- Furuno Doppler Radar with 4' Open Array antenna & Target analyzer
- Furuno Color GPS receiver
- Nobletec TEC TZ Upgrade - Oddysey to TimeZero Professional
- Peplink Max LTE Router & Shakespeare #5239 Worldband Antenna
- All new PLC system (2018), Seatouch by Attest NZ
- Simrad AP 70 autopilot at helm (Rebuild/Replacements?)
- (2) Phillips 19" color displays at nav station for radar and chart plotting
- (1) 15" screen in cockpit for navigation/radar display
Communications & Office Equipment:
- ICOM IC M506 VHF
- Simrad HS90 VHF in crew mess (2014)
- Furuno FA - 150 AIS
- ICOM IC M802 SSB Radio
- KVH "V" Sat installed 2014
- (6) Dewalt hand held radios
- (2) GMS hand held radios
- Iridium Go
- Panasonic phone/intercom system with handsets throughout
- (1) KJM Remote camera on 2" spreader to monitor any direction and angle (2021)
- 1 KJM Remote Camera in engine room for safety monitoring
- Canon TS5150 printer
- Samsung 42" up/down flat screen smart TV in main salon (2014)
- Yamaha amplifier Main Salon
- Sony 31" flat screen TV in owner's cabin, power node 2 amp and 5 disc CD/DVD player
- Sharp flat screen TV's in all guest cabins and power node 2 amplifiers
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
See Refit List for Comprehensive Mechanical Refit at Orams, NZ in 2018
- Lugger L6125TA diesel engine, rated 460 hp @ 2,300 rpm removed& fully rebuilt to "0" hours. 2,280 hours since rebuild.
- 2018 Mekanord/Hundestadt Gearbox, removed & shipped to Denmark for complete remanufacturing.
- Main Shaft Thrust bearing rebuilt 2018
- Propeller Shaft re-machined and balanced 2018
- Hundestadt Variable pitch Propeller fully pitched and serviced 2018
- Kobelt 6525 electronic
- Twin Racor fuel filters in parallel
- Separate dry/wet exhaust discharge underwater and above waterline
- Wagner hydraulic steering system with twin rams (Rudder removed with new bearings and seals 2013)
- 24 volt hydraulic power pack feeding all winches, furlers, thrusters and windlasses
- (2) Hydraulic PTOs off engine to boost 24 volt power pack
- Bow and stern thrusters: 16" Tunnel Thrusters by ABT, powered by Engine PTO
- Condaria chilled-water air conditioning with multiple zones in all cabins- completely stripped & rebuilt 2018
- Climma stand-alone 4,000 BTU air conditioner feeding fresh outside air into owner’s cabin
- HEM 30 Series watermaker - completely stripped & rebuilt 2018
- (2) Groco 24 volt fresh water pumps
- (2) AC water heaters, 42 & 50 gallons
- Grey water tank – 790 liters with automatic pump-out
- Black water tank – 1,280 liters with deck and overboard pump-out
- All tanks (Fuel, Fresh, Black and Grey water) emptied, inspected and polished in 2021
- 200 liters each, lube oil/waste oil tanks with pumps and manifolds
- Engine-driven bilge pump
- AC bilge pump with multiple pick-ups, bow to stern
- DC bilge pump in engine room
- Saltwater washdown at port/starboard anchors, foredeck and mid-deck
- Bauer air compressor for dive tanks
- Central compressed air system with outlets in forepeak and lazarette
- Very extensive and redundant spares onboard for all systems
- Complete inventory of tools
- 400 volt/50 Hz three-phase and 230 volt/50Hz single-phase AC system
- 24 volt DC system
- Twin Northern Lights MP445D 33 Kw generators with split wet and dry exhaust major rebuild, 2009, New sound shields (2013), Electrical ends rebuilt (2019)
- Sonnenshein dry-cell ship’s batteries, 2,190 amp hours total (new 2021)
- Separate 8d batteries for engine and generators start
- Atlas shore power manager with frequency/voltage converter fully serviced and inspected November 2020
- 100 amp/420 volt shore power inlet and cord
- Multiple adapters for worldwide use and (2) 50-100 amp smart Y's
- (4) Mastervolt 24 volt/100 amp battery chargers
- (3) Mastervolt inverters: (3) 24 volt/2,500 watt (one new 2013 & one new 2021)
- PLC touch-screen panels at nav station, crew mess and engine room to easily monitor all ship’s functions, including machinery, lighting, alarms and tank levels
- (3) Underwater lights, aft
Deck and Hull
- Aluminum hull and deck construction with (4) watertight bulkheads - aft of forepeak, forward/aft of engine room and forward of lazarette
- Orems, NZ refit 2018: Prop shaft stem tube replaced, New Deep Sea seal, New cutlass Bearings & #1 discharge Thru-hull replaced and rudder bump tested.
- Topsides sanded, faired, primed and painted with Flag Blue Awlgrip, plus clearcoat, November 2020
- All aluminum superstructure, cockpit and deck areas & waterways prepared, primed and topcoated with Awlcraft, November 2020
- Laid teak side decks, cabin tops and cockpit sole, fully re-caulked 2015, and lightly sanded, fall 2022
- All teak trim, caprails, handrails, coamings, etc., fully stripped, sanded and varnished to perfection, winter 2023
- Twin Simpson Lawrence V-6000 hydraulic anchor windlasses with direct feed to separate chain lockers aft of forepeak and hand-held controls and chain counters. Both windlasses fully serviced and re-chromed (2013)
- Twin 135 kg stainless plow anchors, each with 110 m of 16 mm chain
- Fortress stern anchor
- (12) Flush stainless deck hatches
- (14) Stainless opening hull portholes
- All Harken stainless deck blocks and tracks
- Bow, stern and twin mid-ship spring line chocks and cleats each side
- Hydraulic drop-down transom steps and swim platform with rails, swim ladder and hot/cold shower
- Voluminous stern lazarette with hydraulic lift hatch and workbench, small refrigerator/freezer and multiple storage shelves. This area, along with the forepeak and windlass lockers, was repainted in 2013.
- Folding passerelle with rails, stored in lazarette
- Stainless steel boarding ladder with extension
- Custom varnished teak/stainless fighting chair on aft deck
- Gemini 5.5 m RIB with Yamaha 100 hp 4-stroke outboard and VHF depth, stereo, safety and fishing gear (stored on foredeck chocks when offshore), and cover (new 2013)
- Low-profile dodger (new, late 2013)
- Cockpit bimini with rugged stainless steel frame, built-in lights and removable enclosures (new, late 2013)
- Full-width deck awning from mast to backstays, for use at anchor for extended periods
- (4) SCUBA tanks
- Multiple fishing rods and related gear
- Full fire fighting system with central pump and hoses in forepeak and cockpit area
- Multiple heat/smoke alarms throughout
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms in all guest cabins
- CO2 engine room fire extinguisher system with multiple hand-held units throughout
- (2) 12 Man Datrex Solas A life rafts with hydrostatic releases
- (2) Fully-equipped grab bags
- (2) Jon buoy MOB and (1) Switlick MOB
- (2) EPIRBs – (1) in pushpit, (1) in grab bag
- Complete flare kits
- Extensive first aid supplies (Medlink)
- (10) Inflatable PFDs with tethers and strobes
2014: Fairhaven Shipyard
- Generator water drop thru hulls replaced
- Wagner Steering system fully overhauled
- Rudder removed, bearings and seals replaced
- Bottom faired & painted
- KVH VSAT installed
- Both Northern Lights 33KWH generators, electrical ends rebuilt
- Both Windlasses overhauled and re-chromed
2015: Crackerboy Boatyard
- Teak Decks fully re-caulked and lightly sanded
2016: STP Palma
- Rig pulled and re-stepped for 5 year service
- Simrad AP 70 autopilot at helm
- (2) Phillips 19" color displays at nav station for radar and chart plotting
2018: Orams Shipyard, Aukland, NZ
- #1 Discharge Thru-hull replaced
- Main engine removed, completely rebuilt to "0" hours, reinstalled
- Mekanord Transmission shipped to Denmark for manufacturer rebuild
- Hundestadt variable pitch propeller fully serviced
- Main shaft thrust bearing rebuilt
- Propeller shaft re-machined and rebalanced
- Propeller shaft stern tube replaced
- New Deep Sea Seal
- New Cutlass Bearings
- Rudder bump tested
- Mast and rigging, 2.5 year service
- All new sails from North Aukland
- All new PLC system, Seatouch by Attest NZ, monitoring and alarms for all onboard systems
- HEM Watermaker completely stripped and rebuilt
- Condaria Air Conditioning system fully rebuilt
- All new upholstery in Main Salon
2019: San Diego
- Bottom faired and refinished
- Northern Lights Generators, electrical ends rebuilt
- Generators boroscope inspected & compression tests, 'very good'.
- Comprehensive cleaning of main exhaust
- V Sat system upgraded
- Engine room fans rebuilt
2020: Marine Group, San Diego
- Mast, boom, spreaders, & spinnacker/whisker poles removed, dis-assembled, fully serviced, and painted with Awlgrip.
- All new standing rigging by BSI installed.
- All Furlers fully serviced, including Main Boom furler & mandrel
- All Hydraulics and rams, serviced as necessary
2020 Cosmetic Refit:
- Topsides sanded, faired, primed and painted with Flag Blue Awlgrip, plus clearcoat
- All aluminum superstructure, cockpit and deck areas & waterways prepared, primed and top coated with Awlgrip
- All teak trim, caprails, handrails, coamings, etc., fully stripped, sanded and varnished to perfection
- All teak side decks, cabin tops and cockpit sole, lightly sanded, fall 2022
- All exterior varnish re-finished, winter 2023
PALIADOR presents a remarkable opportunity to acquire a fully ‘turn key’ world voyaging yacht that provides thoroughbred performance and simple sailhandling with limited crew, along with luxury accommodations for 8+ Owners and guests, in 4 comfortable staterooms.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.