2006 Nautor's Swan 82' (24.69 m) Swan 82
This Nautor's Swan 82 FD "Grey Goose" is the perfect combination of performance cruising, easy and safe boat handling with a shorthanded crew and blue water sailing capability. For more information, contact Julian Calder +44 7887 242002 firstname.lastname@example.org
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: FISWN82010K606
This Nautor's Swan 82 FD "Grey Goose" is the perfect combination of performance cruising, easy and safe boat handling with a shorthanded crew and blue water sailing capability. While mostly being used as a fast cruiser, Grey Goose can be easily converted to an aggressive Maxi Cruiser Racer and perform in any race, inshore and offshore. As the current owner is very competitive, he started to improve Grey Goose soon after participating in his first Transatlantic and Swan Maxi regattas. German Frers, the designer of the Swan 82, was tasked to design a new keel, which brought down the center of gravity, improved acceleration, pointing angles and slot keeping dramatically, balancing the boat perfectly in the water. A new rudder was fitted, and the hull was faired with long boards to have the perfect hydrodynamics. The rod rigging was replaced by Future Fibres PBO, standing rigging, which has been replaced by EC6standing rigging in 2012. In 2016 a new Hall Spars high modulus carbon fibre mast (same dimensions as her original mast) has been installed with four low profile spreaders, giving more strength and reducing weight by approx. another 350 kg. Increasing the righting moment significantly, the new mast has made a considerable improvement in upwind and overall performance. To improve safety and performance, the new mast was fitted with easy to operate halyard locks for all headsails and the Main. In September 2017 her mast was stepped down for the 5 year service of the EC6 rigging and fully serviced.
The sail wardrobe has been designed and developed in close cooperation between the North Lofts in Spain and the UK, taking advantage of the deep knowledge of the sailmakers sailing on board. Grey Goose is now a totally different boat, outperforming any other Swan 82 ever built. She demonstrates the real Swan DNA by accomplishing her missions in a perfect manner being comfortable, sea worthy and very fast. She has proven her outstanding performance in several racing events and in numerous family holidays cruises.
Grey Goose is undoubtedly in outstanding mint conditions. Although many upgrades were made to improve the performance, most of them enlarge the fun factor as well in cruising like less pitching, fast acceleration and direct steering.
At the end of the 2012 season, Grey Goose underwent a second extensive refit at Hinckley Yachts, Portsmouth, RI/USA. This included upgrading the standing rigging to Southern Spars EC6 continuous carbon rigging, painting the hull topsides and aft cockpit, upgrading to VSAT satellite communications, a new, fuel saving generator, as well as many other significant upgrades and improvements, including the interior, the audio- and entertainment and navigation systems. Grey Goose has been rigorously maintained by her owner to keep pace with the numerous technological advancements in luxury yacht construction since her launch. Outdated equipment has been replaced and only top of the line gear has been fitted. This gives her a modern, contemporary feel, comparable to the very latest generation of Swan yachts.
Grey Goose has always been maintained by a highly professional, experienced and dedicated crew, insuring that she was always ready to take her whenever the owner wanted to sail. Her safety equipment has been updated this season, new life rafts, have been bought. There are several EPIRBS on board as well as Personal EPIRBS and PLB’s for a full racing crew, as the owner never compromises on safety. The boat comes with a 40Ft Container with workshop and storage capacity, a matching 30ft Dariel Tender with 600HP Mercury outboard engines can be purchased separately.
4Yacht, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 81' 8'' (24.89 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 19' 3''
LWL: 69' 9''
Draft Max: 14' 1''
Draft Min: 3'
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 0.46 Gallons (1.75 Liters)
Fresh Water: 0.32 Gallons (1.2 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Cummins
- Engine Model: 6BTA
- Power HP: 180.00
Hull & Appendages
Hull coating was re-painted with Alexseal Premium Topcoat system in September 2012, RAL 7011. Uncoloured gelcoat used below waterline, epoxy primer and white antifouling. The entire underwater ship has been re- faired to achieve a perfect race finish. New antifouling has been applied annually.
The hull is of single skin construction using glass/aramid hybrid fibre reinforced vinylester laminate with carbon fibre reinforcements. A high proportion of the fibres are unidirectional, giving a stiff laminate with excellent strength and fatigue properties. Structural bulkheads are of Nomex honey comb cored carbon fibre epoxy prepreg construction and laminated to hull and deck.
The deck is a carbon fiber pre-preg sandwich construction with a Nomex honeycomb core and glued to the hull. High-density core or solid laminate under the deck fittings. Coach roof, deckhouse and cockpits of glass fibre reinforced vinylester with low density foam core. Double coaming stripes in grey. Stainless jib sheet tracks with Harken cars. Inboard tracks with end stops and cars with slide rods and pin stops for staysail. Tracks extended aft to be used for jib as well. On fore deck hinged hatch to deck stowage and anchor windless. Flush hinged sail hatch and open able deck hatches of composite constructions. 64kg CQR anchor in carbon fibre folding arm with 100m chain. Recessed hydraulic windless Lewmar 3000 with gypsy/capstan. Recessed mounted capstan drum Sanguinetti Chaivari mooring winch on foredeck with footswitches. Pop up mooring cleats forward and aft. Pad eyes for sail storage and safety harness. Removable stainless steel foot rest two pcs on foredeck and one on aft deck.
- 2 x Harken B1111.3 STEA primary winches (carbon coffee grinders for primary winches in racing mode click in/click off solution)
- 2 x Harken B990.3 STEA secondary winches
- 2 x Harken B990.3 STEAH halyard winches
- 2 x Harken B70.2 STEAH additional halyard winches
- 1 x Harken B1111.3 STEAH, main sheet winch
- Primary and mainsheet winches fitted with a 4th gear.
Modified forward cockpit solution with removable carbon backrest. Customized steering consoles upgraded with Nauticomp touch displays in 2011 and section for compass, FFD, switches and grab rail. Remote control for bathing platform and platform light. Carbon fiber gangway Mulitplex length 3,2 m including teak covering painted grey.
Interior woodwork is done in Teak with hand rubbed satin finish. Bulkhead panels have horizontal grains . White painted MDF panels in two guest cabins on port side. Main saloon sofas, chairs and nav seat are recently covered with linen/cotton fabric in beige in 2012. Stbd salon sofa was also modified to improve design and comfort. Galley counter tops in Corian Glacier white. Toilets and showers counter tops in Corian Glacier white.
Crew area for three with toilet/shower in front followed by Galley on Stb side open to Saloon.
Comfortable forward guest cabin on Port side with double bed and pullman berth above and toilet/head forward.
Main saloon area with dining table on Port side and coffee table Stb followed by Nav area facing forward. Both salon tables replaced with new in Autumn 2012.
Guest cabin midship Port side has two single berths each side and pullman above outside - toilet/head follow.
Guest cabin on Stb side aft with one wide berth and locker space below. Toilet/shower access by guest cabin and companionway.
Owners cabin aft with double bed and bathroom with separated shower.
- Four burner gas stove with oven and extractor hood over
- Electric oven/Microwave - Panasonic
- 260L upper refrigerator, 100L lower refrigerator and 175L freezer, Iceberg units.
- Insulated 24V cooling box for vegetables under Galley floorboards
- Washer/Dryer, Miele WT 946 integrated
- Dishwasher Miele G618-3 SCVi
- Waste disposal unit, 55 in-sink-erator
- Icemaker, Raritan connected to pressure water system
Hella turbo fans 17pcs in all cabins and two in Galley.
Condaria Air conditioning for all cabins reverse cycle unit including separate shore power inlet plus additional Eberspächer Hydraunic 10 heater for all cabins.
- 24v 1200 ah Service Battery bank – gel cells
- 24v 240ah Radio Battery bank – gel cells
- 12v 125ah Main Engine Start battery
- 12v 125ah Generator Start battery
- 240v 50hz 16kW Northern Lights Generator – 1400 hrs (new September 2012)
- 240v 50/60hz shore inlet via 240/240v 6kW isolation transformer
- 240v 50hz Aircon inlet
- 2 x Mastervolt 24v 75A Service battery chargers
- 1 x Mastervolt 24v 50A Radio battery charger
- 1 x Mastervolt 2500W Main Inverter
- 1 x Mastervolt 1500W Entertainment inverter
- B&G Hercules Grand Prix Race Base Pack
- Halcyon Gyro compass with processor
- Paddelwheel speed sensor
- Depth sensor
- Barometric pressure sensor
- 7pcs Hercules FFD-Displays
- 5 pce 40/40 Mastdisplays
- Furuno NavNet Radar/Plotter
- Comar CSB200 AIS transponder
- Furuno GPS/WAAS receiver
- Furuno GPS/DGPS/WAAS receiver
- Furuno Navtex receiver
- Set of C-Map Nt MAX sea charts
- B&G Hydra/Hercules 3000 (upgraded 2011)
- Dell OpitPlex SX620 (Navigation)
- MaxSea Navnet Commander
- MaxSea Navnet Routing Module
- MaxSea Navnet Performance Module
- Dell OpitPlex GX620 (communication)
- Outdoor touchscreen Nauticomp Infinity II 15”, one screen on port pedestal one screen on starboard side pedestal
- Local area network
- KVH mini-VSAT installed autumn 2012, including 2 x Bang & Olufsen internal handsets
- Sat com, Iridium Sailor SC 400 Voice/Data
- Sailor RT5022 GMDSS VHF class A
- 2 x Icom IC – M36 Handheld VHF
- SSB (Europe), Sailor 4000
- Inmarsat C, Thrane & Thrane
- GSM/UMTS phone Nokia 6680
Latest Electronic Upgrades
- WLAN network installed
- Active AIS Class B transceiver
- Deckman 9 racing software
- Upgraded DGPS antenna Leica MX421B-10 for ultra accurate positioning
- Widescreen Samsung D8000 3D Smart TV, upgraded 2012
- Bose Lifestyle 48
- B&W loudspeaker in ceiling, one set in forward
- guest cabin, aft guest cabin, skipper’s cabin and owners cabin.
- Cockpit loudspeaker are Bose 131 in aft cockpit, Sony XS-MP6 installed in forward cockpit.
- Ipod/MP3 connections in all cabins
- Sharp LCD TV LCD 15SH1
- Radio/CD/DVD/MP3 player, Sony MEX-R1
Mast & Rigging
Mast is built in carbon fiber and painted white. Four spreader mast head rig with 18. Swept spreaders. New mast from Hall Spars in 2016-04-21Harken Main sail track with gate. Storm trysail track. Masthead prepared for strop lock. Carbon bracket for 5 mast displays B&G Vertical masthead unit 1450 mm Offshore Spars Park Avenue Boom (new boom fitted in Spring 2013) third reef position in the boom with hardware on mast and deck Spinnaker gear Constant diameter jockey pole with bayonet fittings on mast. Highest quality rope material. Navtec mast hydraulic panel System 8 for backstay, outhaul, jib halyard, inner fore stay and boom vang, two boom vang quick releases, upgraded boom vang, DC motor pump connected to Navtec panel for push-button hydraulic power.
- Ultra light carbon/aluminium honeycomb floorboards for racing
- Racing Jib tack fitting
- Fuel tank system modified to pump in between the tanks, "in and out“
- Full set of cockpit cushions
- Removable Bimini top for sailing
- Sunawning over whole cockpit
- Main sail cover and steering wheels cover
- Padded canvas for cockpit table
- There is a full set of crew / racing covers
- 3 x BFA 8 person valise liferafts
- 2 x Jonbuoy MOMs
- 2 x EPIRBS
- 2 x Personal EPIRBS
- 10 x Person AIS beacons
- 18 x Secumar 275N lifejackets
- 8 x Spinlock deckvest lifejacktes
- Emergency VHF antenna
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.